Monday, January 14, 2008

anvil no more

So I didn’t post at all during recording. Perhaps I am a deadbeat. Perhaps my head has been other places. Perhaps this is me making excuses. It is pretty much done. A somewhat life changing event. What will I do with myself? No longer bobbing my head to the unending rhythm of Emeri’s drum edits. No longer squeezing my eyes shut and cursing the compressors wondering… what is making it sound like that? Does it sound how I think it sounds? Am I imagining this? Where are my pants? Is this how it will sound everywhere else? No, no, no, surely not. Tomorrow we do the final tweaks. It will then be as done as it can get before I hold a pressed copy in my hands. Touching isn’t it? Sniff, sniff, honk.

We have a show coming up with a K/W group called Lucky Stabb. This show is at The Blue Moon in Petersburg, on January 26th. It will be nice to hit the stage again. Refreshed. No longer dragging our unfinished album like an anvil on a rope. Sweet release. I am looking forward to seeing Lucky Stabb. It is so nice to hook up with other indie K-dubbers. Especially to invade the surrounding smaller towns with our devil music and heavy metal posturing. BLOOD! … no.. more like.. coffee and video games?

Verbal diarrhea

Rob


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive