Thursday, October 14, 2010

Emac. Day 2.

This morning started off wonderfully. We're staying with a friend and her family while we're in London recording. They have been so wonderfully hospitable toward us - we cannot possibly thank them enough. This morning Doug made us crepes. We didn't mention it to Taylor for fear of breeding crepe envy. We don't want that energy on the album. Envy of delicious breakfast foods is a terrible evil.

Upon arrival at the studio we dove into one of the trickier songs - Ghosts in the Pavement. I almost lost it for a bit. Studio performances can easily get stale. It is so unnatural. I had a minor fit, resulting in a short break. Obviously we needed fresh pots. Taylor was ever accommodating and proceeded to rearrange things so that I was able to play without wanting to smash things.

Andrew arrived shortly after Ghosts and we dug into the remaining tracks. There was a slight obsession with mallets on the drums and some very nice hi hat work. Impromptu dances and many many pots of coffee were consumed.

The rest of the day was a whirlwind. We have now recorded all 11 songs. Tomorrow will be touch ups and any BIG overdubs we need or want. Then its home to our studio to do overdubs.

Doug had a pile of puzzles ready for us when we returned to his place. You know those crazy mind game things? Untangle the impossible steel mess, navigate the ball bearing through the plastic three dimensional maze of nightmares. Great stuff, reminds me of being younger, staying with my Dad. He was all over that stuff. I was a brat, but I'm glad he kept me away from the TV now. They don't call it 'programming' for nothing.

I am about to collapse. Time to get some rest.

Peace.

g.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive